Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Community

Last night I hightailed myself to the local Quilt Guild meeting! It's been many years since I belonged to a guild, and since I've picked up the quilting again, I have been missing the community. It's sometimes hard to find opportunities like this while traveling around, but I found a guild directory online that indicated a guild meeting in Deltaville VA less than a mile from the Deltaville Marina where we are living for the summer. How cool is that?!

Even for an August meeting, the church hall was packed with the Sting Ray Stitchers with their beautiful name tags and welcoming smiles. It was great to plunk myself down and hear the voices catching up on family life, talking about their projects and seeing the beautiful items for the show-n-tell session.


Can't wait until the September meeting! 




No comments:

Post a Comment