Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What does one DO with a tiny quilt?

I certainly don't know. I just like to make them.

I suppose one could hang one on the wall, use one on table under the teapot, make a pillow, wrap a dolly, sew one to a tote bag, or display one on a tiny quilt rack on a table to gather dust.

As an avowed minimalist who doesn't currently own anything that could be considered a "decoration" (not even a single Christmas ornament), my inclination is to wad a tiny quilt up in the sock drawer. I do draw the line at using them for engine rags.

The point is, they don't have to be useful or displayed. The joy is in the making. However, if you want to use one as a potholder, be my guest!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy Ann,
    If you ever sell any of your tiny quilts, I would love a couple yellow/peach/tan ones.......
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, we've talked up some details and I am looking forward to your fabric arriving!

    For the record, YES, Floating Leaf is more than happy (really!) to take custom orders.

    ReplyDelete