Tuesday, April 1, 2014

citrus

This is number two in my new food series. I'm fascinated by organic shapes and I love food. I mean, love. food. 

I think I first started sketching citrus forms about 10 years ago. It's just a variation on my favorite circle within a square. The shapes never got made into a full-size bed quilt, because big quilts took so long to make that the sketches piled up fast. And I wasn't sure if I would like a whole quilt of these. Now that I've made this one, though, I quite like it and I can see it would make a nice full-size quilt with the square repeated in different colors. 

Making one tiny quilt is much more satisfying than spending months on a big quilt. This one was completed in a few hours. Now, I can move on to explore more food forms. 



"Citrus slice"
2014, 12" x 12", hand appliquéd and hand quilted

No comments:

Post a Comment