Tuesday, March 4, 2014

what season is it?

Yes, I know, the Christmas season has long passed and no one wants to think about it right now. What happens to me every year is that Christmas creeps up on me. I usually ignore it completely until about the first week of December. We used to decorate the house starting on St. Nicholas Day (December 6th), and that's about when I'd start to think about cards and baking and trees and the like. 

Making Christmas cards takes a bit of time. It's a scramble to make cards and get them written and mailed when you start halfway through December. It was mid-month when I thought about making a tiny quilt, taking a picture of it, ordering printed cards, etc. Not happening for 2013.

So, here it is a few months after Christmas and I made a tiny quilt to adorn some Christmas cards for 2014. I found color scheme that I liked. The design, although beautiful, was a bit to complex for my appliqué skills, so I modified it to suit the Floating Leaf Studio style (as if).



  

No comments:

Post a Comment